2003 – Present
Deborah A. Lott considers herself fortunate to teach at Antioch University, Los Angeles, which welcomes innovation and cross-disciplinary thinking.
- Created curricula and teach these upper division literature and writing courses:
The Trauma Memoir: Literary Art from Adversity
Representations of Childhood in Literature
Representations of Adolescence in Literature
Topics in Contemporary Literature: Sexual Politics
Journeys in Creative Nonfiction
Topics in Contemporary Literature: Lolita and Her Literary Sisters
- Lott receives consistently high evaluations from students
- Also conducts independent studies with BA Program students
2010 – Present
Editor and Advisor to Two Hawks Quarterly, the BA program’s digital literary journal.
- Helped to take this student-led journal to the next level by attracting work from known writers from around the world
- Designed and implemented a formal curriculum to teach editorial skills and prepare students for work in
the publishing industry
Panel Chair, multiple presentations:
- Child’s Voice in Literature
- Progression by Digression: Multiple Narrative Lines in Creative Nonfiction
- Transference in the Writing Classroom
- Endings for the End Times?